Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another birthday...

Normally I do not put very much personal stuff on this blog, but I wanted to share this with you. Well we all know that I LOVE producing weddings and events, right? So what do I do on my downtime? Plan a birthday party of course! This year I celebrated with my dear friend and co-birthday person Dawn. However, I wanted this party to be BIG and to be meaningful. More then just pulling our friends together, I wanted to give back. So this year we raised money for a charity that is near and dear to my heart, the ASPCA.

The theme of the party was comfy, casual, pajama's! Who doesn't love lounging around in pj's? Even the weather (ice and snow) didn't keep our beloved die hard friends from coming out. This is a picture of Dawn and myself, the two birthday girls!


The event was at the super funky and fun Mad Art Gallery in Soulard. If you haven't checked it out yet, you definitely need to. We had over 50 people in attendance, and another 12 that couldn't make it but still donated. All in all we raised $450 for the ASPCA.

Mad Art Gallery is even more unique as it use to be a police station, so it still has jail cells. This was a perfect place for a lounge for people to hang out in. Our friends at Two Blue Doors, Inc. did what they do best and created cute signs to tie the entire theme together. The doors to the dance area, had our names on them, and the hallway had a collage of pictures of us throughout the years. They were adorable!

Chris Johnson from CJ's Disc Jockey Service kept the party going all night long. Let's just say that since it was my party, we played A LOT of 90's music!

Tamico Love, from The Brick Street Bakery made us the most fantabulous birthday cake! The pj part was red velvet, which is my favorite, and the pillow was white with rasberry filling. YUM!


I feel so lucky to get to do what I do for a living, and to be surrounded on my birthday by so many people. Working in the event world, allows me to work with great vendors, etc and so many of them made this birthday extra special! Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes and helped us raise money for the prevention of animal cruelty!

No comments: