Sunday, January 11, 2009

'Tis the Season for Bridal Fashion Shows

Anyone involved in weddings knows that the time is upon us for fashion shows featuring wedding gowns. I personally adore that part of any bridal show. There is nothing better then looking up at the catwalk and seeing all the beautiful gowns. Sure gowns are beautiful in general but on a hanger it is hard to tell how they will sparkle and shine. When it is being modeled up and down the runway in all their glory, it makes me ooohhh and ahhhhh!

Last week I was at the Perfect Wedding Guide show and instead of the "traditional" model they used actual brides with all body types. These brides looked like you and me. These ladies in my opinion made the gowns so much more fabulous. I looked at them and said wow!

I found this piece in the New York Times and found it quite interesting.

So what are we going to see in 2009? Well one of my absolute favorite things is going to be big and I am very very thrilled! COLOR and lots of it!! We are no longer just seeing color in bridesmaid dresses it is now everywhere from the engagement ring to the bridal gown itself! This is so fabulous. Of course we will continue to have the traditional white gown. However, if you ever wanted a colored gown, now is the perfect year for you to embrace it!

Another popular trend that has carried over to 2009 is the one shouldered gown. This is another favorite of mine. It just makes a statement for those brides who want something just a little more modern and unique.

I am so excited about this coming year to see what all of our brides have chosen. This truly is a wonderful time to express your style on your big day. Enjoy making your gown selection, have fun, and don't rush it!

No comments: