Monday, January 26, 2009

As the show season wraps up...


As the winter Bridal Show season comes to end we were at Windows off Washington yesterday for the St Louis Bride Magazine show. Frigid tempatures, and snow didn't seem to deter the Brides from coming out. This show was a little unique, I teamed up with another planner and fellow ABC member, Lisa Zweifel. We worked as a team, and I think it turned out great. I chose royal purples, and hot fuschias as my main color. In true Lacy Branch form it was larger then life!


I am so lucky that I have such great vendors to work with that allow me to bring my designs to life!

Sisters Flowers did an amazing job on the tables centerpiece, as they humored yet another "big idea" of mine. I could not be more happy with results, it was stunning! Those indeed are real rose petals on the vase, that we ( I mean Lisa) glued one by one onsite!!



Two Blue Doors provided the striking menus, table number, and place cards.


I wanted to do something different than my last show, so I envisioned adding a lounge area for weary brides to sit and rest their feet. Our friends at Exclusive Events, Inc. came through as always with fantastic lounge furniture, a light up table (which seemed to be a hit), pink uplighting, and stunning silver fabric for the backdrop.



When I was out in California in November I fell in love with these adorable chair covers, so I had to feature them in the show. They are so whimsical and fun!


My goal when doing a display like this is to tell Brides that it is ok, to think outside the box. You do not have to have cookie cutter décor. If you want bold colors, use bold colors. If you want a lounge do a lounge. This is YOUR day and it should reflect whatever you want it to reflect.

No comments: