Friday, October 8, 2010

Engage10- The Breakers A Luxury Wedding Business Summit

Here is an stunning Slideshow of pictures by Donna Von Bruening DVB

For many of you that follow my blog you know that I attended a life changing conference of top industry professionals back in June in Grand Cayman. Well this week I attended the follow up Engage10! conference at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach, FL. It was 4 days of AMAZING! About a year and a half ago, my dear friend Ali Phillips from Engaging Events by Ali in Chicago convinced me to attend, and I am so glad she did!

From the time we arrived, until the time we left Rebecca Grinnals and Kathryn Arce of Engaging Concepts and the whole entire Breakers staff made us feel like royalty. We had a list of speakers that consisted of some of the top names in the industry. To name a few, Randy Fenoli from Say Yes to the Dress, Sylvia Weinstock, Abby Larson, Todd Fiscus, Darcy Miller, Mindy Weiss, Carley Roney, Marcy Blum, David Beahm ,and Bryan Rafanelli (yes, THE Brian Rafenelli known for planning Chelsea Clinton's wedding). Each one of them dove deep into their professional and personal lives to share with us their stories. It was truly inspirational! However, the speakers are only part of the Engage experience. I know that from my pictures it looks like we did nothing but have fun, well that was the case actually, we did have fun. But it was so much more. From the morning breakfast sessions, we networked and connected with professionals from all over the world. Then we had daily speakers, as I mentioned before who kept us on the edge of our seat. Then each evening we had events, that allowed us to further connect, network, and share experiences. I think for me that was the most valuable.

Mindy Weiss Presenting
Me with Randy Fenoli

Unfortunately for me, I was sick with a head cold the entire time, so I wasn’t able to meet as many people as I would have liked. But I am blessed that I got to experience this again, and cannot wait to take the information back to my business and our clients. Thank you to Kathryn and Rebecca for doing such a great job, and for all of the lifelong connections both personal and professional that I have made.

Here is a video recap from the SUPER talented Cloud Nine Creative Inc.:

Engage 10 {Day One} from Cloud Nine Creative on Vimeo.


Engage '10 {Day 2 + 3} from Cloud Nine Creative on Vimeo.



On a side note, thank you to the following speakers who also have inspired me to push myself further. Simon T. Bailey, Harmony Walton, Liene Stevens, Ali Phillips, and Bernadette Coveney Smith

These pictures were of me enjoying the events:
This is the dessert each and every one of us was served on the final night! No that is not a prop! Just deliciously amazing

This picture is of me with Anthony Luscia from Martha Stewart Weddings, and Photographer Sara Kauss

Me with Ali Phillips

Me with the always inspirational Simon T. Bailey

1 comment:

bridalbar said...

So fun to visit with you at Engage Lacy!!! I think that the photo of you and the mother of all desserts needs to be your new headshot - I love it!! So grateful we got to hang in Florida and can't wait to see you in NYC!! xo