Monday, August 31, 2009

Guest Interview- Week 4 Photography

We took a couple of weeks off from Guest Interviews while we did The Knot party. We are back in the swing of things, and this week we feature Kelly Park, a photographer, and owner of Kelly Park Photography. I recently met Kelly at an industry networking event. It wasn't long before I realized how talented and how adorable Kelly is. She is not only a very gifted photographer but just a sweet person. I asked Kelly to help me with the Knot Industry Party and she agreed without hesitation. You can see how much Kelly loves what she does in all of her work. I find her style to be so fresh, modern,chic,and stylish. Now I know what makes her one of the most sought after photographers in the St.Louis Area and beyond.


Below is the interview LBE = Lacy Branch Events and KP= Kelly Park

LBE:
Tell us a little bit about your style of photography?

KP: My approach to photography is to capture real emotion. Throughout our session I talk with my clients and in the process it enables them to relax, laugh and be themselves.

LBE: What do you feel are some important questions couples should ask when they meet with potential Photographers for their Wedding Day?

KP: I think it is important for the photographer and couple to share the same vision. Couples should verify that the photographer they are meeting with is the same photographer who will be shooting their wedding. Don’t be afraid to ask about the photographer’s equipment. I use a Canon Mark ii and prime lens and continue to upgrade. I love to chat about the technical side.


LBE: Have you seen any shift or trend changes in Wedding Photography as of late?

KP: It depends of the type of style of photography you are interested in. I love looking through fashion magazines and seeing what the latest trends are. I am inspired with people, for me, each wedding is unique and I love to see each couple create their own trend.


LBE: What are three points you would like people to know when shopping around for a Photographer? Are all Photographers created equal?

KP: No, I do not think all photographers are the same.

I think it is important to find the right fit for a bride and groom.
1. Style: Traditional or Photojournalism? What type of photographer is the bride and groom looking for?
2. Photo Image Consistency: Ask to see an entire wedding gallery from a wedding day, are the photos consistent?
3. Personality: Enjoy your photographer!

LBE: What is your favorite part of shooting the Wedding Day?

KP: I have several favorites, I’ll share three:

1. When the bride puts her wedding dress on. I love the excitement that lights up her eyes and I love to see the mother of the bride’s expression!
2. When the bride and groom walk down the aisle as a married couple and exit the ceremony site. I love to see their excitement as the groom gushes over his new bride.
3. When the father of the bride shares a speech at the reception. Tears always fill my eyes when I hear a dad talk about his daughter.

LBE: What would you say if someone told you that they were trying to save overall costs by letting "a family friend" shoot their Wedding?

KP: I would say save in another area. People always tell me, “I wish we had gotten a better photographer”. Photographs are priceless, capture it well!



Thanks for the great tips Kelly!!
www.kellyparkphotography.com

No comments: