Friday, November 16, 2007

Whats the big deal about photographers

I get asked this quite a lot .... many couples ask me if this is an area that they can go sparingly on. I always try to explain to them that long after the cake is cut, the dress is stored, the presents are opened, you will have your pictures. I think it is hands down one of the most important elements there is. Now that doesn't mean you have to choose the most expensive, it just means you have to find a quality photographer who shares the same creative vision as what you want. For the next month or so, I am going to post some vendor info to reference.. I will start with a really talented woman Pam Cooley. http://pamcooleyphotos.com Some of her work is featured on my website. Check back for more featured talent...

2 comments:

seth said...

woohooo! luv the new blog lacy! i will add you to my 'stalklist'!

classy lassy said...

Memories are where it's at. I totally agree that capturing that special day is so important. When you make choices where to spend your wedding budget, photography and video should be at the top of your list. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a well done video speaks volumes. My husband is a videographer and frequently asks for my imput while he is editing a wedding. I find myself feeling very emotional when I watch these video clips and I don't even know these people. Not only is the picture there for posterity but so is the feeling of that special or private moment of that very special day.
If the budget is limited cut back on something else not the video and photography.